Merle C. Meyers
Merle C. Meyers is a seasoned insolvency attorney, with expertise in the area of commercial chapter 11 bankruptcy law and out-of-court workouts since 1978, with an emphasis in representation of chapter 11 business debtors, creditors, creditors’ committees and asset purchasers. He has handled many significant chapter 11 cases filed in recent years in the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California generally, including representation of debtors and/or owners of Hexcel Corporation, Greg James Ventures LLC, Reynen & Bardis Communities, Inc., John Breuner Company, Harbor Bay Isles, Weibel Vineyards, Ironstone Group, Unicom Computer Corporation, Center Wholesale, Inc., Techmart Limited, StreamLogic Corporation, Blue Marlin Corp., Cocopah Nurseries Inc., Gabriel Technologies Corp. and KineMed, Inc., as well as major cases in Delaware, Colorado, Florida, New York, Texas and elsewhere. Mr. Meyers has also represented numerous trustees and creditors in both chapter 7 and chapter 11 cases, and has assisted many companies in restructuring obligations to lenders, vendors, judgment creditors, and others in out-of-court workouts. Mr. Meyers also has significant litigation experience and has argued numerous cases before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Representation of business debtors and high net worth individual debtors in chapter 11;
- Bankruptcy Reorganization;
- Commercial Bankruptcy Litigation;
- Bankruptcy Trustee’s Rights;
- Creditors’ Rights
- 1975, California
- University of California at Davis, J.D., 1975
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., cum laude, 1972
- Bar Association of San Francisco (Member, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, 1979 – );
- The State Bar of California (Member, Debtor Creditor Relations and Bankruptcy Committee, 1987-1990; 1992-1995);
- Turnaround Management Association (1997 – );
- Bay Area Bankruptcy Form.
Awards and Recognition:
- Named to the California Super Lawyers list for Bankruptcy, 2005 – present;
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell, multiple years.